Eligibility & Travel Support
The First Nations Public Service Secretariat (FNPSS) will waive conference registrations fees and reimburse travel costs for two delegates from each BC First Nation to attend the annual FNPSS Conference.
Additional representatives from the same community or a non-First Nation organization may attend the event at their own expense. Payment instructions, venue information and conference passes will be sent out following registration.
To be eligible, at least one of the delegates should be a Band Administrator, Band Manager, Chief Administrative Officer or equivalent. The additional eligible delegate may be a senior band administration staff member or elected leadership.
If a Nation wishes to send a delegate who is not included in the abovementioned groups, they may do so with written approval from their Band Administrator or an elected Leader.
Priority is reserved for the two delegate attendees from each BC First Nation. For information on Tribal Council or other First Nation support organizations eligibility, please contact FNPSS.
Two delegates per BC First Nation will be eligible for reimbursement of the following:
- 100% of the conference registration fee will be waived for eligible delegates.
- Reasonable travel costs, meals (less provided) and incidentals per the First Nations Summit Society Travel Policy. Breakfast and lunch will be provided on all conference days.
- Accommodation at the Pan Pacific Hotel. The allowance for accommodations is one extra day plus conference dates for a maximum of three nights.
Expenses that will not be reimbursed include, but are not limited to:
- Optional social events will not be reimbursed.
- Local travel within Vancouver beyond commercial transportation between the hotel and airport.
- Fees for late cancellations (accommodations, airfare, etc.)
Eligible delegates must attend and check-in with the registration desk on each day of the conference to receive travel reimbursement. Attendance at both Pre and Main Conference are eligible for travel reimbursement.
Registration & Location
How to Register
FNPSS will confirm eligibility once the online registration form has been submitted. It is important to include accurate and current position titles in your registration, as well as accurate and current contact information. If more than two eligible delegates have registered, FNPSS will advise which two delegates will be considered the official delegates for reimbursement.
Additional information about the venue, room block booking, conference passes etc. will be communicated via email once registration has been confirmed by FNPSS.
Regular Price: $850
Cancellation and Substitution Policy
Please contact FNPSS directly if you are no longer available to attend the conference or if you wish to send a substitute delegate in your place, preferably no later than October 23rd 2023.
Pan Pacific Vancouver
999 Canada Pl #300,
More information about the venue will be released closer to the time.