The public sector faces performance challenges: meeting high public expectations, navigating wicked problems, supporting an evolving workforce, adhering to public accountabilities, and working with processes cemented over decades. Yet, high performing organizations are found across the public sector.
Join IPAC Victoria to explore high performing public organizations and how their performance excellence can inspire others. Learn and engage in a dialogue on questions such as:
- How do we define organizational excellence in the public sector?
- How can performance excellence be achieved and maintained while navigating the organizational impacts of COVID-19?
- What lessons have been learned by public organizations that have overcome adversity and successfully improve their performance?
- Lori Wanamaker is a Cabinet Secretary and the Head of the BC Public Service. She was the Deputy Minister of Finance in 2017 and moved to the Office of the Premier in 2020.
- Jehan Casey, Director, First Nations Public Service Secretariat, is Haida and was raised in the Lower Mainland. Before joining the First Nations Public Services Secretariat, she worked at the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC as the Manager of International Cooperation for Public Services and Procurement Canada.
- Moderator: Bill Reid is the BC Leader of MNP’s Public Sector Consulting team based in Victoria. Bill has more than 20 years of experience as a management consultant and organizational advisor with two international accounting firms, as a partner with a mid-sized consultancy and as an internal program evaluator and internal auditor with the B.C. government.
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2021
Time: 12:00 – 1:00pm PST
Location: Virtual (Zoom details to be shared with registrants)
Cost: Free (Free and open to IPAC members and non-IPAC members. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com)