Certified Contract Administrators guarantee fairness and consistency when overseeing an infrastructure project, benefiting owners, clients and the public. They are an integral part of every MMCD infrastructure project, and our degree of professionalism and training means that project stakeholders can rest assured knowing they are working with a dedicated, informed individual.
- Background of the MMCD Association
- Contract Administrator Integrity: Avoiding Conflict of Interest
- Pre-Contract: Tender preparation, supplementaries, applying contract law, document classes, issuance procedure, closing procedure, review of tenders, award procedure
- Communication and Documentation: Importance of timeliness, completeness, disclosure, legal relationships
- Documents: Hierarchy, supplementaries, specifications
- Role of the Contract Administrator and Inspectors: Limitations on authority, independence, when (not) to step in, WCB responsibilities; record keeping; meeting management
- Role of the Contractor: Competency, responsibility, safety, environment, owner assistance
- Schedules: Types, limitations, enforcement, delays, liquidated damages
- Changes and Extras: Difference and implications, payment and force account, hazardous materials
- Payments: Quantity measurement, holdback, offset, quantity variations, force account work, Builders Lien Act responsibilities
- Disputes: Role of Contract Administrator in disputes; implication of relationship with designer
- Post Contract Duties: Maintenance period, early use of work, releases, record drawings.