Seasoned or emerging managers in local government who lead or oversee projects in areas such as corporate administration, public works, parks and recreation, planning, finance, will benefit from this training. If you are looking for a comprehensive overview of leading project management skills, this online course will help you become a successful project manager.
- January 13 Module 1: Introduction to Project Management Fundamentals
- January 20 Module 2: Project Governance and Leadership
- January 27 Module 3: The Body of Knowledge in Project Management
- February 3 Module 4: Assessing Project Scope, Risk and Quality Metrics
- February 10 Module 5: Scheduling, Budgeting and Procurement Management
- February 17 Module 6: Agile/Hybrid Project Management Considerations
The Project Management Fundamentals Online Course content is based on the current Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) which is viewed as the fundamental resource for effective project management, worldwide.
Each class is a 120-minute (10 a.m. -Noon PST) online session with Q&As and an overview of the assignments. See webinar dates for course outline and details in the brochure. Participants will have one or two weeks to complete their assignments depending on the module.
Cost: $1,100 + GST LGMA member or $1,500 + GST Non-member
Review the course brochure and register online by January 6, 2023.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds or changes will be provided after the registration deadline of January 6, 2023.
Instructor: Amber McMillan, PMP AHPP OTF PROSCI CVA EQP NLP MCPC, current President of PMI-Vancouver Island Chapter