“Great webinar with experienced administrators – Kukstemc!” – FNPSS Webinar Participant
To stay up to day on future sessions and virtual opportunities, follow us on our social media (@fnpublicservice) or subscribe for our newsletter.
Join the First Nations Administrators Network Facebook Group to ask questions, post requests for speakers and topics, and/or share best practices from your community.
Catch up on the recordings of past FNPSS Webinar Wednesdays and Informational Town Halls on our YouTube channel!
Next FNPSS webinar events
Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming FNPSS events and webinars here on our website, or join our email newsletter list for updates right to your inbox.
First Nation to First Nation Learning Webinars
Registration information coming soon!
Informational Town Hall Webinars
Registration information coming soon!
Partner Webinars and Training
Registration information coming soon!
PAST WEBINARS + RECORDINGS
Click the included links of all past webinars to access their recorded versions, or visit the FNPSS YouTube channel.
“Thanks for hosting these webinars, they are a good resource for sharing & learning to navigate our way through this pandemic” – FNPSS Webinar Participant
Webinar, February 2nd– “COVID19: Planning and Reporting in Unprecedented Times”
Reverse Townhall, January 28– in partnership with BCFC: How to Best Engage and Consult with First Nations During COVID-19.
December 14th – “Tsalik: Squirrel Mind – Too Much Worry and Anxiety”
December 7th – “Transforming our Ways – What can Help?”
November 23rd – “Connection to Life, Land, and the Sacred “
November 30th – “Getting Centered in Big Stress Pandemic Times”
ISC BC Region’s application-based Indigenous Community Support Fund (ICSF) Technical Webinar – for Indigenous organizations – November 12, 2020 12:24 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada
ISC BC Region’s ICSF2 Technical Webinar #2 – November 10, 2020: Members of ISC BC Region’s Executive Leadership Team will provide an update on ISC’s Indigenous Community Support Fund 2, and welcomes the opportunity to hear directly from community Administrators on their matters of importance.
ISC BC Regions’s ICSF2 Technical Webinar #1 – November 6, 2020: ). Members of ISC BC Region’s Executive Leadership Team will provide an update on ISC’s Indigenous Community Support Fund 2, and welcomes the opportunity to hear directly from community Administrators on their matters of importance.
Webinar #26 – November 4, 2020: New Federal COVID-19 Supports – Canada Response Benefits and Changes to Employment Insurance
- Service Canada Community Outreach Liaisons, Brenda Giesbrecht and Dianne Stoesz, and Canada Revenue Agency’s Outreach Manager Karen Martin and Officer Saverio Desantis
Presentation Material: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/7WOzUDUZRW
Webinar #25 – October 6, 2020: Outbreak! Lessons Learned from BC First Nations
- Shannon Alfred: Health and Safety Manager, ‘Namgis First Nation Health Centre
- Erik Blaney: Fire Chief, Tla’amin Nation
- Chris Lewis: Spokesperson/Council Member, Squamish Nation Council
- Kyle Marshall: Director, Emergency Operations Center, Skidegate Band Council
Webinar #24 – September 16, 2020: ISC BC Region Town Hall # 5
Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Catherine Lappe, Regional Director General (604)340-7703
- Bill Guerin, Associate Regional Director General
- David Russell, Director Lands and Economic Development,
- Wendy Rogers, Director Programs and Partnerships
- Jody Kaden, Director Funding Services
First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
- Rick Milone
- Dr. Shannon McDonald
Webinar #23 – September 2, 2020: Continuing Capital Projects During COVID-19
- Vaughn Sunday (Executive Director), Adams Lake Indian Band
- Jerry Andrew (Engineer), Adams Lake Indian Band
- Presentation Material
Webinar #22- July 29, 2020: ISC BC Region Town Hall #4
- Catherine Lappe, Regional Director General of ISC BC Region, and members of the ISC BC Region Executive Leadership Team
Webinar #21 – July 22, 2020: Reopening Offices and Returning to Work
- Robin Henry, ‘Namgis First Nation
- Siobhan Hutchinson, Federal Labor Program Official
- Melissa Morden, Federal Labor Program Official
Webinar #20 – June 10, 2020 : Discussion on Community Funding for Wildfires
- Wendy Rogers, Director or Programs and Partnerships (ISC)
- Duncan Stephen, Manager, Emergency Management (ISC)
- Jamie Jeffreys, Director of Strategic Engagement (BCWS)
- Kayla Pepper, Director, Indigenous Community Relations & Partnership Engagement (EMBC)
- Stephanie Papik, Director, Strategic Integration of Indigenous Knowledge, Cultural Safety and Humility (EMBC)
- Jeff Eustache, Manager Forest Fuel Management Department (FNESS)
Webinar #19 – June 3, 2020: Reconciliation in a Time of Uncertainty
- Speakers: Dr. Robert Joseph, Hereditary Chief of the Gwawaenuk First Nation
- Speakers: Collette Sunday (Upper Nicola Band)
- Presentation slides: here
- Webinar resources:
- UNB Elections Regulations 2020 – Electronic Voting
Webinar #17 – May 20, 2020: Food Security During a Pandemic
- Speakers: Jeneen Hunt (Ditidaht First Nation), Anne Atleo (Ahousaht First Nation), and Milica Nauman (Indigenous Services Canada)
Webinar #16 – May 13, 2020: Communicating with Members During COVID-19
- Speakers: Melissa Quocksister from Kómoks First Nation and Juanita Lindley from Upper Nicola Band.
Webinar #15 – May 6, 2020: Working Remotely with Staff
- Speakers: Robin Henry from Namgis First Nation and Cathy Murphy from Fort Nelson First Nation.
- Presentation Slides: here
- Webinar Resources:
Webinar #14- Friday, May 1, 2020: ISC BC Region Town Hall # 3 with FNSA and FNESC
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe, Regional Director General of ISC BC Region, Tyrone McNeil, President of the First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC), Edith Loring-Kuhanga, President of the First Nations Schools Association (FNSA), accompanied by representatives of the BC Ministry of Education
Webinar #13 – April 29, 2020: Accessing COVID-19 Supports for First Nations
- Speakers: Karen Martin and Saverio Desantis, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), and Mary Leslie, Heiltsuk Nation
Webinar #12 – April 22, 2020: Human Resources in a COVID-19 World
- Speakers: Roy Spinks, Human Resources Manager at Lytton First Nation and Scott McCann (email@example.com), Partner at Harris & Company.
- Presentation Slides: click here
- Harris & Co’s Summary of Available Government Programs: click here
Webinar #11 – April 16, 2020: ISC BC Region
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region), joined by members of the ISC Executive Leadership Team, and the First Nations Health Authority.
Webinar #10 – April 15, 2020: Managing New Economic Realities
- Speakers: Chief Commissioner Manny Jules, First Nations Tax Commission, and Chief David Jimmie, Squiala First Nation
Webinar #9 – April 8, 2020: First Nations Child and Family Services during the COVID-19 Crisis
- Speakers: Cheryl Casumer (Executive Task Group, First Nations Summit), Allison Bond (Deputy Minister), and Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region)
Webinar #8 – April 8, 2020: Wellness in a Time of Uncertainty
- Speakers: Babs Stevens, CAO of Skidegate Band Council and Healer, and Sandra Harris, Wet’suwet’en Trauma Practitioner.
Webinar #7 – April 6, 2020: Secwepemc Nation’s Economic Impacts due to COVID-19
- Speakers: Councillor Jeanette Jules (Title and Rights, Legal [Day Scholars, DRI] and Community Services Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc), Greg Booth (Director, Indigenous Economic Opportunity, Secretariat to the Indigenous Investment Council, Innovation and Technology Division, Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness), Bill Guerin (Associate Regional Director General, Indigenous Services Canada), and David S. Russell (Director, Lands and Economic Development, Indigenous Services Canada)
Webinar #6 – April 3, 2020: Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Response to COVID-19 for BC First Nations
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region), joined by members of the ISC Executive Leadership Team, as well as Dr. Shannon McDonald, Deputy Chief Medical Officer with First Nations Health Authority (FNHA).
Webinar #5 – April 2, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Byron Louis (Chief, Okanagan Indian Band) & Alison Trenholm (Councillor, Homalco First Nation)
Webinar #4 – March 27, 2020: Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Response to COVID-19 for BC First Nations
- Speakers: Bill Guerin (Associate Regional Director General, ISC BC Region) & Leah George-Wilson (Co-Chair of the First Nations Summit and Chief of Tsleil-Waututh Nation)
Webinar #3 – March 26, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Chris Derickson (Chief, Westbank First Nation) & Erik Blaney (Emergency Planning Advisor, Naut’sa mawt Tribal Council)
Webinar #2 – March 25, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Rob Bullock (Band Administrator, Ahousaht First Nation) & Collette Sunday (Band Administrator, Upper Nicola Band)
Webinar #1 – March 20, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Sandra Olson (Chief Executive Officer, Nak’azdli Whut’en) & Deanna George (Councillor, Tsleil-Waututh Nation)