Are you up to date with the advanced aspects of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation?
This webinar is geared at those with more than a basic knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and is an asset for staff involved in administering the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Program for their local government.
Join David Loukidelis, Associate Counsel with Young Anderson – and British Columbia’s Information and Privacy Commissioner from 1999-2010 – and his colleague Amy O’Connor for this 90-minute webinar providing updates on the latest decisions and developments in information and privacy affecting local governments. Through attendance at this webinar, you will gain a better understanding of:
- New developments under FIPPA including recent court decisions and leading decisions from other province
- Overview of the latest BC Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) Orders
- Review of Orders about advice or recommendations, frivolous or vexatious requests, discretionary permits, settlement privilege
- OIPC interpretation of section 19 relating to the disclosure of information harmful to individual or public safety
- Update on the current legislative review of FIPPA, including the “in-Canada” storage requirements for personal information.
Review the webinar brochure and register online by September 3, 2021. Cost: $100 LGMA member + GST; $135 non-member + GST. Bulk pricing is offered to those organizations that register more than one participant. Register all employees at the regular rate under one invoice first, then contact email@example.com for more information.