Join a small team with big ideas! Gain valuable experience working with senior leaders in all levels of government. We focus on learning and professional development to support our staff and will provide a comprehensive performance evaluation upon successful completion of the position term. Looking to hire ASAP!
Open Positions (details below):
- PM-05 Interchange Opportunity – Federal Employees *DEADLINE EXTENDED*
PM-05 Interchange Opportunity – Federal Employees
We are looking for a Full-Time PM05 (or equivalent) BC-based, Indigenous, Government of Canada public servant to join our First Nations Public Service Secretariat (FNPSS) team.
Deadline to apply: December 7th, 2020
As a member of the FNPSS team, the Advisor, Intergovernmental Relations will contribute on behalf of FNPSS and BC First Nations to the development and implementation of joint projects with Federal Government Departments and Agencies in BC Region to:
- support capacity building in First Nations, First Nation organizations and institutions, and promote Indigenous awareness and reconciliation in the federal public service;
- provide analysis and advice on strategies for engagement with the federal government to FNPSS and BC First Nations and organizations, and support intergovernmental coordination initiatives; and,
- other activities in support of strengthening First Nations governance and intergovernmental relations.
- This position will require a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, with strong judgement, integrity and adaptability. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to develop and implement a project from inception to completion, including leading teams.
- The position will require an individual who has:
- A high school diploma, or equivalent;
- Significant experience leading programs, projects, or complex teams;
- Experience conducting analysis and developing strategic plans or strategies, and/or making strategic recommendations to management;
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of First Nations history and culture and a familiarity with BC First Nations communities;
- A valid Driver’s License; and,
- Reliability security clearance within the federal government.
Hours and Location of Work
This is a Full-Time Interchange position. The official work location is Suite 1200 – 100 Park Royal South, West Vancouver, BC. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the individual will be working from their own home for the foreseeable future. While basic office equipment will be supplied (e.g. laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, notebooks, pens, etc.), the individual will be expected to have adequate Internet capabilities to conduct work over platforms such as Zoom, MS Teams, and be responsible for maintaining this, as well as providing their own basic work space set-up (e.g. desk, chair, quiet/heated space, etc.). Depending on specific needs and circumstances, the employer may be able to support some of the items listed above, but this is not guaranteed. If the position continues beyond the pandemic, teleworking arrangements may still be considered.
How to Apply
You must have your manager’s approval to apply. Indigenous Applicants and at-level PM05 applicants will be given preference. This process may be used to staff similar future positions.
Applications must be submitted by December 4, 2020; shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
Please submit your CV, cover letter explaining why you’re suitable for this position and 2 professional references with attention to Jehan Casey, Recruitment@fnps.ca
If you have questions about this opportunity, or the collaboration initiative between FNPSS and the BC Federal Council, you may contact Jehan Casey, email@example.com or Colette Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org.