“Great webinar with experienced administrators – Kukstemc!” – FNPSS Webinar Participant
Join FNPSS for Webinar Wednesdays, featuring speakers on topics of current interest and relevance to BC First Nations administrators and leaders. These 45-minute webinars are based on First Nation to First Nation learning and are a key element of the FNPSS Mentorship Network. Current webinars relate to the COVID-19 pandemic and include a moderated Q&A. If you miss the live webinars, you can view the recordings below or on the FNPSS YouTube.
Join the First Nations Administrators Network Facebook Group to ask questions, post requests for speakers and topics, and/or share best practices from your community.
First Nation to First Nation Learning Webinars
June 3rd – Reconciliation in a Time of Uncertainty
Wednesday, June 3rd, at 11:00 AM
Join Dr. Robert Joseph, Hereditary Chief of the Gwawaenuk First Nation and renowned peace-builder and advocate for reconciliation, for a webinar on “Reconciliation in a Time of Uncertainty”. This 45-minute session will include a presentation from Chief Joseph on the impacts of COVID-19 on reconciliation in Canada and the opportunities emerging from this crisis for new ways of working and being together.
Registration Details: This event requires pre-registration. Once you have submitted your registration at https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_41For_TVRh-TNNojgaWHmQ, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the webinar.
Informational Town Hall Webinars
Registration information coming soon!
Partner Webinars and Training
COVID-19 Impact Forum: Moving Forward
Indigenous Businesses and Economic Development Corporations
Thursday May 28th, 2020
AFOA BC is hosting a follow-up forum to provide you with some tools and direction as we all move forward during this time.
The panel will provide updates on what funding and support is currently available, how to access the funds you’re eligible for and allow you to speak directly with the experts that provide these supports.
Learn more: https://www.afoabc.org/events/conferences/
“Thanks for hosting these webinars, they are a good resource for sharing & learning to navigate our way through this pandemic” – FNPSS Webinar Participant
Webinar #18– May 27, 2020: Virtual Engagement and Decision-Making
- Speakers: Collette Sunday (Upper Nicola Band)
Webinar #17 – May 20, 2020: Food Security During a Pandemic
- Speakers: Jeneen Hunt (Ditidaht First Nation), Anne Atleo (Ahousaht First Nation), and Milica Nauman (Indigenous Services Canada)
Webinar #16 – May 13, 2020: Communicating with Members During COVID-19
- Speakers: Melissa Quocksister from Kómoks First Nation and Juanita Lindley from Upper Nicola Band.
Webinar #15 – May 6, 2020: Working Remotely with Staff
- Speakers: Robin Henry from Namgis First Nation and Cathy Murphy from Fort Nelson First Nation.
- Presentation Slides: here
- Webinar Resources:
Webinar #14- Friday, May 1, 2020: ISC BC Region Town Hall # 3 with FNSA and FNESC
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe, Regional Director General of ISC BC Region, Tyrone McNeil, President of the First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC), Edith Loring-Kuhanga, President of the First Nations Schools Association (FNSA), accompanied by representatives of the BC Ministry of Education
Webinar #13 – April 29, 2020: Accessing COVID-19 Supports for First Nations
- Speakers: Karen Martin and Saverio Desantis, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), and Mary Leslie, Heiltsuk Nation
Webinar #12 – April 22, 2020: Human Resources in a COVID-19 World
- Speakers: Roy Spinks, Human Resources Manager at Lytton First Nation and Scott McCann (email@example.com), Partner at Harris & Company.
- Presentation Slides: click here
- Harris & Co’s Summary of Available Government Programs: click here
Webinar #11 – April 16, 2020: ISC BC Region
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region), joined by members of the ISC Executive Leadership Team, and the First Nations Health Authority.
Webinar #10 – April 15, 2020: Managing New Economic Realities
- Speakers: Chief Commissioner Manny Jules, First Nations Tax Commission, and Chief David Jimmie, Squiala First Nation
Webinar #9 – April 8, 2020: First Nations Child and Family Services during the COVID-19 Crisis
- Speakers: Cheryl Casumer (Executive Task Group, First Nations Summit), Allison Bond (Deputy Minister), and Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region)
- Speakers: Babs Stevens, CAO of Skidegate Band Council and Healer, and Sandra Harris, Wet’suwet’en Practitioner.
- Speakers: Councillor Jeanette Jules (Title and Rights, Legal [Day Scholars, DRI] and Community Services Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc), Greg Booth (Director, Indigenous Economic Opportunity, Secretariat to the Indigenous Investment Council, Innovation and Technology Division, Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness), Bill Guerin (Associate Regional Director General, Indigenous Services Canada), and David S. Russell (Director, Lands and Economic Development, Indigenous Services Canada)
Webinar #6 – April 3, 2020: Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Response to COVID-19 for BC First Nations
- Speakers: Catherine Lappe (Regional Director General, ISC BC Region), joined by members of the ISC Executive Leadership Team, as well as Dr. Shannon McDonald, Deputy Chief Medical Officer with First Nations Health Authority (FNHA).
Webinar #5 – April 2, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Byron Louis (Chief, Okanagan Indian Band) & Alison Trenholm (Councillor, Homalco First Nation)
Webinar #4 – March 27, 2020: Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Response to COVID-19 for BC First Nations
- Speakers: Bill Guerin (Associate Regional Director General, ISC BC Region) & Leah George-Wilson (Co-Chair of the First Nations Summit and Chief of Tsleil-Waututh Nation)
Webinar #3 – March 26, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Chris Derickson (Chief, Westbank First Nation) & Erik Blaney (Emergency Planning Advisor, Naut’sa mawt Tribal Council)
Webinar #2 – March 25, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Rob Bullock (Band Administrator, Ahousaht First Nation) & Collette Sunday (Band Administrator, Upper Nicola Band)
Webinar #1 – March 20, 2020: BC First Nations Responding to COVID-19
- Speakers: Sandra Olson (Chief Executive Officer, Nak’azdli Whut’en) & Deanna George (Councillor, Tsleil-Waututh Nation)